Friday, October 23, 2015

Hunter's Autoethnography Research

I have identified with being a christian since I was around the age of five, and it is one of the main pieces of my life that defines who I am. When asking what assumptions people have toward christians I received some interesting answers. I would ask first off if they identified as christians, and the ones who did not belong to my group were very kind and sensitive when referring to the christian group as a whole. Out of convenience on my part I asked a few people around me, I knew had a christian background, about their assumptions. It was their responses that led me to my topic in my autoethnogragphy. One person gave me adjectives for christians such as religious and scared. Others in general told me that they were christians but they don't go to church or anything like that. From outsiders looking into this group they might see christians on what they have become rather than what they should be. Through my research I have found there are various studies regarding christians and their behavior in the work place or in the field of sports. Using these behavioral conclusions will help me to distinguish the line that constitutes what it means to be a christian. I will also look at the effects that the culture has on beliefs as we grow up and also how we form our definition of a christian. From my personal experience within the group I hope to give an insider perspective on the beliefs that christians hold as well as emphasizing that perfection is not required to be in the group.

No comments:

Post a Comment