Tuesday, September 8, 2015

William's Mid-unit post



http://www.philgalfond.com/blog/




I will be posting my first big blog post next week. The post will be a rhetorical analysis of Phil Galfond’s poker blog. Rhetorical analysis involves the way in which the author persuades the reader. I will be looking at the format/layout, author, and diction, while also analyzing the intended audience for the blog. I will also be looking into the clarity and relevance of the blog as a whole.




My dad sparked my interest in poker, as he would always watch it on TV. By the time I was in middle school, I fully understood the game and started playing against my dad a couple of times a month. The knowledge of poker I have acquired allows me to understand the blog’s poker terminology and strategy. Upon completion of my Unit 1 project, I hope to gain a deeper knowledge of the game of poker, while also learning what daily life is like for a professional poker player.


No comments:

Post a Comment